Friday, April 6, 2012

Are You Feeling Brandy's New Look in YRB Magazine?

R&B Singer/Actress Brandy Norwood posed for pics for YRB magazine rocking a fresh new look, to go with her fresh new attitude!  Brandy's new album titled Two Eleven has several meanings.


She tells YRB:

Two Eleven, a reference to her birthday (February 11th) and the day her mentor Whitney Houston passed away, Brandy is signifying a reinvention of sorts: she’s signed with a new label, RCA Records, shifted out of her comfort zone and is embracing reality. It’s a near confrontational way to reclaim her artistry. “It’s taken a minute for me to really figure out the type of artist that I am, the type of music that I need to sing to reconnect with my audience. I just know with this album, I wanted it to be as honest and as real as possible,” she says



. “Sometimes, you can get caught up in wanting to make hits and wanting to get on the radio and performing on everything that’s out there. I just wanted to stay true to who I was. That’s why it’s taken me so long to figure out the right home for me to put my music out there with. Other than that, I wanted my album to represent honesty and clarity and struggle and pain, as well as love, with a different sound and a different edge. That’s what this album is.”


Are you feeling Brandy's new look?


To read more go to: YRBmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment